Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Today has been amazing so far! I had a productive morning that was green (poetic metaphor), I was able to go to Patrick's house for some coffee and experience a morning filled with life. It was so wonderful to see Brian smile and say hi, he and Brad were laughing, Jim had just emerged from the shower, breakfast was cooking, people's voices were cracking, and Patrick was there, which just made me smile and I kind of got lost for a moment. Anyway, I love mornings filled with life and people. I ate five pieces of cantaloupe, one apple cinnamon pop-tart, and drank a few sips of espresso before it hit me. (I had to stop taking my stomach medication because the side-effects were making me crazy with anxiety and panic attacks in the mornings) so instead I felt my stomach churning Reject...Reject... and in the most disgusting throw-up I have ever experienced, a pop-tart, chunks of Cantaloupe, espresso, and green bile propelled from my insides into the cup that sat beside me on the table in the library. It was wonderful because although it burns coming up, it is the greatest relief. Ahhh. I wrote a 5 page paper on conversational maxims in police interrogation and the way that it relates to the first amendment, and printed my 12 page paper to give a presentation. I am so excited to give my presentation even though I haven't practiced. It exhilarates me and is absolutely the best day of the entire semester. I do experience a rush of adrenaline before I stand up, but it is the adrenaline of a long adventure, of beginning a hike that will challenge you mind body, and soul, the thrill of releasing the sail on a small yacht unsure of where the wind will blow you, it is the unknown and a challenge to conquer and become bold! I'll probably write more later from the library. It is my new home since I hate to be at my house. Just think Juliet, each time I go there and explore I become three hours smarter than I was before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment