Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Houston we have a PROBLEM...

I chuckle to myself at that phrase which I had always thought referred to space travel. After a weekend of the sweatiest days of my life I now realize that it was probably said in referrence to the weather that in less than a minute sends tiny water molecules and sun beams to attack every dry and unfrizzed element of your body leaving a dripping, greasy, frizzy, and panting little you, and that is just the first minute :)
I applaud you Megan, Derek, James, and Kathy and I pray that my parents never move there. You see, I might say my dad is a bit of an air conditioner Nazi (said in the very best sense) and always grimmaces to switch the lever to "on" until the room is nearly 90 degrees. I'm convinced that they might melt.
The weather only contributed to a memorable and enriching weekend of "mookery," "dirtbags," afternoon margaritas, lots of yelling suceeded by lego pieces flying, and stiff blackjack, lazer tag, and bowling competitions.

I have two stories/comments to share (not favorite, just classic):
Megan, Connor, Logan and I were driving to the mall when Logan let out a long string of words that I couldn't quite understand. He repeated himself at an escalating level until Megan said, " What Logan? You see another grey Honda CRV over there?" I'm glad that she knew exactly what he said. I also like the way he plays. Any small truck, rocket, or large toy with wheels wasn't driven peacefully down the hallway or raced across the kitchen floor. Instead, he would take it with gleaming eyes and a huge red-lipped smile and ram it into the wall or piece of furniture over and over repeatedly. Cool kid.
The second incident occured while I was waiting with Connor and Logan while Megan bought her Taco Bell lunch. They were eating some chicken nuggets and french fries and Conner was just looking around, reading, talking, and repeating words. I asked Logan if he knew my name, he smiled, but Connor said, "It's Noël. I like it because it has the word 'no' in it." Great answer.

Many more things could be said if time permitted but I'm getting ready to leave Texas in a few minutes, I just thought I would be the one to update readers on the current "plan". Patrick and I will be moving in less than two months to Portland Oregon. We believe in divine inspiration and the analogy of open and closed doors. The option for attending school in Fresno was closed because we could not find jobs, a home, or muster much excitement to continue down that path. After reseraching a few more options for graduate school I found one of only three masters programs that offers a degree in book publishing at Portland State University in Oregon. The school offers both Patrick's program and the only one that I have ever found that I would deem "perfect." We found potential housing, job opportunities, and we have been nothing but excited about the opportunity to serve in that community and become Orgonians. Portland here we come, and onward with my dream to become an Acquisitions Editor.

Patrick and I are both excited and pleased with all of the excitement, adventure, trials, pain, and joy that have accompanied our first 6 months of marriage. My entire life and I'm sure a guiding hand has shaped me to be the woman that I need to be at this point in my life and I could not be more pleased with who I am. I hold onto the knowledge of The Holy, and step out in faith.
Smile today.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad that ya'll have a plan now...and that you feel like you're following God's call! Sounds like the degree program is perfect for you!

craigjames said...

thats great!! good news....

i heard that the oregan animal was the beaver....does that mean you are going to build damns?

hehehehe.....
i was kinda looking forward to going to visit you in california...but i guess now i will just have to visit your MUM (spelt the correct way) !!!!

Peace out