Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blogs are great for people who have cute kids (or a pet that they consider equally as important as a child), are pregnant, watch tv shows consistently, like to cook, and who travel. I don't belong in any of these categories and blogging has kind of fallen on my priority list.
Sometimes I have a good story or two from work, but I'd rather not write something in a sarcastic commentary and be miss-interpreted.
I would love to write my thoughts on things that matter like politics and education and philosophy and religion, but I think I'll start another blog for that, make it private, and invite only myself.
I have though, done some stupid things, and stupid things are always good to post on blogs because then people can laugh at you and they won't equate your actions with your character. (That sounds like a Dostoyevsky-esque thought. Any Crime and Punishment fans out there?)

1. I was making rice. Plain, white, simple, rice. I decided to rinse it as I learned in China, 3 times before you boil it. I put it in a strainer/collander to rinse and it seemed to have decreased in volume. I must have lost a few grains in the process, I thought...
It showed up an hour later when I tried to unclogg my sink and the entire sink shook, then the disposal switch shocked me. Water and rice poured out from under the sink and spewed EVERYWHERE!!! I learned a lesson that day, that rice grains are smaller than the holes in a strainer. [That last sentence is satire.]




2. I'm sitting with a heating pad on my back right now and I have no idea why! For some strange reason my back is tweaked and I can hardly move. At work I get bored sitting, so I prop my feet up on the PC box (I think it's actually called a desktop or tower). It makes a nice footstool while I twist and lean in to work at my desk. When that gets uncomfortable I draw both of my feet up and perch on the swivel chair craining my neck to see over my knees. The most comfortable position though, is one knee up, the other twisted in front of me on the "footstool" and one arm writing at my desk while I have my body and neck strained to look at the computer. Oh, right, tangent. I was mentioning my sore back. Does anyone else have sudden onset backaches?

3. I received my letter of rejection "Thank you for your interest, but we regret to inform you...." I'll continue the job search, but Apple was not encouraging at all! I'm still looking for corporate presidencies, apparently Steve Jobs hasn't resigned yet and they don't consider Hollister appropriate experience! Whatever! I even wore a black turtleneck when I submitted my application, in person, typed.

This could have been me


What is my point?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!! You blogging made my morning. You should still blog even without kids, pets, etc. Your blog is always one of my favorites, and I have missed you.

The rice is gross.
Sorry about the back pain...I've been having back pain, too. In fact, I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow morning.
Apple is stupid for not hiring you. You can rock a black turtleneck like no one's business.

Ann Hastings said...

I agree about the "typical" blogger, hence me or Tyler not participating :) I do love reading your blog though, so don't stop...

I do get random back pain- I totally understand and it's no fun. I recommend getting a massage-totally worth it and it feels amazing!

Keep trying for the job- remember how long it took me (the several times I have been unemployed)....

Cindi Koceich said...

Call me weird, but I love to read about the everyday stuff going on in people's lives. And, I really love it when people blog about "stupid" things they've done because it makes me feel better about all of the stupid things I've done!
I have been dealing with back pain too...weird. My back hurts when I have to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Megs said...

love the happy go lucky poster thing. I was excited for your new post. sometimes, actually, a lot of the time when I should be stuyding I check and recheck my email and facebook and your blog. it was about time for a new post, friend.