An edit to the previous post:
My dad plays the piano and tried to teach me when I was about 6 or 7. My progress was SLOW. I was finally placed in real piano lessons when I was in 6th,7th, and 8th grade because my piano lesson with my dad would always end in tears and frustration and usually my stubbornness would flare and I would fold my arms, pout, and refuse to talk or play. Sometimes I exaggerated my confusion and would make stupid mistakes on purpose because I didn't want to learn.
I think learning to play the piano is so boring. I didn't want to learn to read music to play mary had a little lamb or hupty dumpty. I wanted to play stuff like that (below) to learn Mozart and Bethoven, music that sounded real and good, but I would look at a sheet of music and try a few lines (obviously if I couldn't even play Mary Had a Little Lamb then I could not even begin to think Mozart). My piano career ended when I refused to walk into my piano teacher's house in 8th grade and my parents finally allowed me to stop. I know how to read music and play now, but I still don't like it.
This little girl is lucky. She gets to play the music I always wanted to, but was never good enough to play. I don't think I'll ever be able to because I'm still stuck at show tunes and Disney theme songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment