Friday, May 16, 2008

I jumped in front of the camera



Life has been interesting and routine and inspiring and supernatural and plain --as usual.

I usually write and edit papers with all of my time, spare and paid. I am getting much better with grammar and at being patient, and telling people the truth even though they might get offended. I'm sorry, but you just can't write:

'One of the job descriptions is the “HOG Butcher for the World,” (L.1). There’s not really a problem with being a hog butcher but it does seam like one of the least desirable jobs out there. The best way to really see what kind of a job is desirable is just to take a poll of kids growing up and to find how many want to be hog butchers. The answer would be slim to none that anybody would find a kid who wanted to cut up pigs for his whole life.' (Actual excerpt. You can imagine an entire essay!)

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm going to go eat some watermelon. Oh, that reminds me. I love spring. Every day I eat one grapefruit, about 7 strawberries, some watermelon, and most of the time an apple, asparagus, cucumbers, and carrots. I have definitely been getting my 5-a-day! Mmmmm.

Pictures from my life.
I beat Patrick at Scrabble with TWO 7 letter words "reregard," and "tootled." An extra 100 points. Bam!



Patrick bought me this really cute cookie from Starbucks. I really really like pink sprinkles. Not the taste silly, but their appearance.


We went beach bumming tonight and the camera came along.





The ever popular shaky face pictures are so cool but I seem to lack the talent. here are my brothers.





Here is my sad attempt.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that first picture! How fun! I'm glad you blogged-I've missed reading about your cali life.

Ann Hastings said...

I miss you and am so glad you posted a blog! Email or call me sometime, we think of y'all all the time!