
I am excessively happy today.
I'm not sure why, but I woke up happy, and then I didn't take a shower, and I wore the same shirt and same pants that I wore yesterday with a different sweater (note: I don't stink and only wore the clothes for a few hours yesterday). Something about not having to deal with a blast of cold water, and then forcing myself to turn off the warm water, and choosing a new outfit, ironing it, drying my hair, etc. allowed me instead to listen to the birds outside and smile in the mirror as I formed my day old hair into a curly pony tail. It was wonderful!
I'm also wearing my coconut lotion that reminds me of summer and beaches and sunshine.
When I think of bakery ladies at a donut or pastry shop I think of someone who is excessively happy to be delivering sweets to her customers. She smiles brightly and offers the greeting "Good morning, may I help you..." and before you leave "Have a very good day!!" (beaming smile). I think they must know that they are sending their customers off to a new day and they can spread a little bit of sunshine with their attitude.
I kind of felt like a donut lady this morning only my "goods" were essays and resumes rather than sugary delights. Somewhat different, but the kids who came in were "those" kids. The "cool" kids. Regular English, too cool for school, too beautiful for their own good, but I thought even they need some joy in their lives and I think they were laughing and smiling, all of them, on their way out. Who knew essay writing could be so fun? (raising my hand)
I think it's God. He hasn't blessed me overtly or answered a prayer, he's just there and my spirit knows it. I've been purposefully remembering him...JOY!!! OK, sorry to interrupt this post, but I knew I would get my answer. JOY JOY JOY. Twilight lacks JOY and hope and peace, those emotions that beam outward and transform the heart and the world for the better. Sure it's an enticing plot with adventure, and quirky intimate love, but it doesn't change your life! Hmmm. God doesn't appease, he simply imparts his character which is the source of more than emotional highs but an eternal fulfillment. Sweet! There is my answer.
Anyway, that was a random discovery that came mid-thought.
Summer is underway, work is over in two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment