I casually follow blogs that I think are lovely. My visits are not consistent or frequent, but on certain days, when I find beauty lacking in my life, I visit places that remind me what is charming, delicate, and beautiful about women.
A recent visit to decor8 blog pleasantly surprised me, because it included a detailed picture documentary of Shabby Chic designer Rachel Ashwell's home in Los Angeles. I've seen traces of this style appear in my own decorating: crushed cotton fabrics with dainty details, colors so muted that they give cloth old-world credibility, and a mingling of chipped, white, natural wood, worn-in to perfection.



signature embellishments: fringy, feathered, boldly princess-like

I was surprised by the bohemian pillows that seem to have infiltrated shabby, vintage decor including Anthropologie and other traditionally feminine style-houses. The "ethnic flare" boldly advertised lately in such stores lends an earthy anthropological nature to a typical pallet of flora.
A second blog that inspires me is written by a young woman from England named Rosalind, Clothes, Cameras, and Coffee. My favorite feature of this blog may be the landscape captured in her fashion shoots featuring rural pastures, hills, and snowy expanses of the English countryside. A close second is the combination of writing and vintage clothing featured in each post. Rosalind blends her interest in literature, and her keen imagination, to compose the history and possible story of vintage items that she has inherited or found in local charity shops. Viewing her blog is a glimpse at many different lives, stories, imagined pasts, and adolescent free-spirit embodied by one talented young woman.




No comments:
Post a Comment