One more essay...
One more day...
One more test...
My summer has been deadly, actually fatal. I died. Of course not ALL of me died, but certain things. I'm completely different than I was three months ago and I guess I can stop and look back because I am one away from almost every goal I set for the past three months.
I had 20 hours this summer and it was all squeezed into 7 weeks. I am one essay away from completion making a total of 12. Just one!!! I'm so glad that I took everything though. I love to learn and I feel like although I lived in book world for a few months I am emerging better for it. I have thought about things that I never have thought about and struggled in ways I have never struggled before, I learned to apply my fortitude to something good, and I have met some amazing people in the process. Wow, one more essay.
One day away from kissing the most amazing man ever, from hugging him for real and not just in my imagination. I know that three months isn't an eternity, nor is it the 10 months that he will be in China, but it is a start and I am more in love with him now than I ever have been. Three months of fervent and almost constant prayers for strength, of daily emails and digital pictures, strained phone conversations, tears, patience, hope, peace...One more day Love, and I will be with you :)
I had an emergency this weekend. My throat clogged up and I couldn't eat; it became difficult for me to breathe or swallow. I went to the emergency room and while I was waiting and shivering with goosebumps, dried tears on my cheek, a velcro band timed to take my blood pressure every 30 minutes, and a shot in my arm to relax the muscles in my esophagus, I thanked God that he allowed me to live. The woman in the hall had just been in a car accident, another lady was in a wheelchair going into surgery. I thanked God for life and as I was there, I saw the hospital garment that I was wearing and faced it without fear. I thought for the very first time about what it would be like to have a baby, to be in the hospital for that...I hadn't ever thought that I would be a mother before, children were just not something that I was cut out for, but I prayed that God would direct my heart...I trust him. Leaving the emergency room, I decided that something has to change. I saw my doctor this morning and I have a pretty intensive test scheduled involving tubes in my nose, cameras, food, liquid, and in the end ANSWERS! We have come to the final test to hopefully diagnose my condition. One more. Praise God!!!
I think that a new chapter of life will start in a few days and I just want to remember "One more." There is always an end that testifies to God's provision and faithfulness. I can get through, and I can look back on the lives that have been changed, the ways that God has refined me, and I can see Him more clearly. Thank you Father for One More. Forever.
2 comments:
I'm sooo excited for you! UGH...I meant to call you today. It's just been so crazy. I've been going from one thing to the next and trying to see everyone I know before Friday. I want to call you tomorrow. What time do you leave? Call me before you leave!
Yay! I am so happy that you get to see your love! I'm also really proud of you making it at the hospital! I remember your fearful post awhile back about the dr's office. Let us know how your time with Patrick goes (as if I have to ask..lol) I'll be praying for the dr's to quickly diagnose your condition.
Post a Comment