Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh my, I have been neglecting this page

I think the word farewell is distinguished...so much better than saying goodbye. What does that mean anyway? Have a "good" "bye"? Hmmm. Instead it is almost like a blessing...I hope that you "fare" "well". I'm watching a concert DVD right now and the band ended with those words.
I'm watching my life right now as I stand back and look down from a written perspective and wonder if I have been consumed. Maybe "I" that I thought I was, isn't anymore. The song on the DVD says, "Patience is what comes when you're waiting all alone...Bring back the good times." Maybe the "good times" are all the time but we don't realize until we are alone and looking back. How do days become recognizable "good times" before they are just a recollection?
I know, I know. Example please...
I'm working at Hallmark (complete with old ladies and dusty clutter/fluff everywhere), but it's simple, fun, and pleasant. I just finished my english major and had an A semester. I play racquetball and guitar with Michael and Paul frequently. I'm able to help my mom out because she hurt her back, and so we talk, clean, and bake. I meet my dad for lunch and go on walks with him almost every night. I have my own room, money, a car. I love Patrick with all my heart, and God is changing me to resemble him more every day. Sounds rough, right?
I think it is going to become a "good time", but it has been the most difficult that I can remember in every way. I wish I was better at recognizing the "good times" before they pass. That's all.
I'm fascinated by screamo music. I hope it is a passing thing, but I really like it for being ecclectic and moderate. I don't like screamed noise, just when words are detectable.
I wish we could just go sit. Someone read this and come meet me on this bench. I want to talk. I love words, but written words are intense. Let's talk.


Farewell.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Is that bench actually near your house? I LOVE it! It's so beautiful/peacful! The perfect bench to sit and talk on :)

Thanks for that post. It's sooo true! We need to notice that we're living thru good times and not just pine for the future :)