Thursday, December 07, 2006

98.6


Two pairs of flannel pants, knee high socks, shoes, three shirts and a sweatshirt. It's winter and it's only 57 outside but I'm FREEZING!!! I feel like I have a temperature and so when I repeatedly check it's 97, or 97.2. The absolute highest that my temperature was when I was bundled with my head beneath blankets was 98.6! Weird. I've been fighting with all of the little antibodies within me to kick this cold/fever and still I am the one knocked out by something that is invisible to the human eye.

I'm a loaf. (Is that a word for someone who is still in their pajamas at 11:00 and has spent all morning writing, reading, and drinking coffee? Is so, I'm that). I'm having a mind battle as well as a physical battle for immunity. Recently, since the intellectual stimulus of school has been removed for a week and a half my mind has been going crazy. I feel like it is a whirl of ideas and thoughts and philosophies and stimuli that when I'm not feeding it gets out of control and I drive myself silly by questioning and contemplating and overthinking EVERYTHING. For example I become a hypochondriac and I called Patrick at 1am because I woke up and wondered if I was going to die because I mixed allergy medicine with tylenol, I exhaust myself with physical exercise, question religious foundations like why people pray and what and how they approach God, if pastors can make universal statements, why I listen to sermons and think that several statements contradict my interpretation of the bible. Anyway, you get the point.

I can think of only a few releases for my swirling mind.

- Rollerblades, Christmas lights, an ipod with classic Christmas music, and stars
- Screaming music (currently though it makes me pass out...literally. The vibration of the bass in my ears makes me dizzy and unbalanced because the fluid equilibrium is off because of the cold and so I was fading in and out of consciousness going 75 on the freeway and had to pull over for a while).
- Writing
- The dollar theater

I should go. I think it is time for lunch, life, and other stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one time, many years ago, derek had to calm down a hysterical megan. i was absolutely conviced that I was going to have a brain aneursim. i was literally inconsolable. and definitely not overreacting about a headache that made me suddenly dizzy...