Friday, January 19, 2007

Welcome Home

I think it's 9 days. I'm supposed to be really excited, I think, or nervous. I'm actually neither, which is hardly surprising considering that I have an excitement level that spikes just above sedate. It takes a lot to make me really upset or super excited. I'd say that I am pleased, content, and ready for the wedding hype to be over. I want to be married, alive, and fulfilling God's purpose with the most amazing man for me! (That is for those with questions about my anticipation and excitement).
Moving on, I would like to take you on a picture adventure of the past month...
The adventure begins on New Year's Day at Sequoia National Forrest. Patrick and I went sledding for the day with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins. It was funny because the paths around the forrest and to see the giant Sequoias were iced over and so slippery that we had to slide down the walkways sitting in our snow pants.





























Patrick decided at my grandparent’s house that he needed to climb their windmill to the very top rung.


















One benefit of being a Southern California resident is something called a 2fer. The 2fer means that you can get admittance into both Disneyland and California Adventure Park for the price of one, so we had two days of fun! I have never seen the park as empty as it was and we just walked up and got on every single ride.
Here is a picture of the roller coaster that I tamed. I even included the loop in the picture. Normally I hate roller coasters. I am a bench girl at Magic Mountain and when Patrick wanted to go I had already had an emotional morning and I knew that nothing good would come from my bravery. The ride started and I squirmed. It is the kind that shoots you from 0 to 70mph in seconds and as soon as we shot off I was bawling! The entire ride I just cried silently and by the end I couldn't really say anything. We just got off and I could tell Patrick was stepping on egg shells because he liked it, felt horrible for pushing me, and didn't know what to say. I walked a few feet, turned, looked up at it and then without emotion said, "Patrick, let's do that again." 6 times later we both had headaches and windblown hair, but huge smiles.




























Finally, I would like to share a historic event. Patrick bought 4 pairs of shoes in one day! I have never bought four pairs of shoes, or even two. It's practical of course, but still, note the dress shoes for the wedding, two pairs of Nikes and then his trademark Chacos. God bless America and my fiancé with his four pairs of shoes.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Yay! Thanks for blogging again before the big day :) I'm looking forward to seeing you at the shower on Saturday!