Monday, July 30, 2007

Mmmm...I just had a steak dinner with salad, fresh bread and gourmet Mac-n-cheese, which personally I feel put the macaroni in the "macaroni and cheese"; this can certainly not be shortened to mere "Mac-n-cheese". It made me remember the special things about my second family: how to eat and grill a good steak, the meaning of Texas hospitality, and the joy that children, smiling, and good conversation bring :)
I think my favorite part of the evening was spending time with Matt and Cindi. They are two of my favorite people, in fact when trying to put into words how special they are to me I couldn't and that just means it was a great night.
I wanted to re-cap the past weeks in pictures since I haven't posted lately, so beginning where I left off...

My birthday dinner at Red Robin was with Patrick, Paul, and my Dad. My mom had class, Juliet is in DC and Michael was working. We had yummy food, a free ice cream Sundae, and water with lemon. Some say a 21st birthday should be a bit more eventful but I went to bed at 9:00 without any birthday cake or opening my presents and a smile on my face, it was absolutely perfect.



The following day my mom took me to LA to go shopping and to see the play Wicked.




Because we were out so late on Wednesday I waited until Thursday to have champagne and open my birthday presents.










The following week was a lot of waiting, waiting and interviews. Serious, serious, serious, so we decided to have a little dress up fun.











I have been struggling with an issue of purpose, wanting my life to matter and to contribute something to others. I have not received any "words of wisdom" but I cling to what I know is true and the simple inexplicable qualities of my God.
I praise Him for joy, sunsets, and the vast unknown.


6 comments:

Staci said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday. Those pics were crackin' me up of you and Patrick!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the dress up pictures! The first one doesn't even look like you-I actually had to click it to see it big to figure out if it was actually you. :) I cannot wait until you come to Houston!

craigjames said...

ohh my goodness....i didnt even recognise you...i am in the library and i just pissed myself laughing....theres pee on the floor...pee on the floor...how to do..when pee is on the floor....

hahhaha...

will write more soon..need to get back to study study study study

Cindi Koceich said...

I nearly peed my pants looking at the dress up pictures! Too funny!
We loved spending time with you and Patrick too! I sure wish we could do that more often!!!

Paul Guaglianone said...

i dont think the pictures are funny

Steve and Joan said...

Wow!!! I didn't recognize Noel! Cool photos! I guess you are just too close to Hollywood and must have had some of the make-up artist gene.

Looks like fun!

Steve