Saturday, September 08, 2007

Down with A&M


I am not usually a sports fan. I like to play and watch a good game, but I only have one team, Fresno State football. My family has season tickets and we've been following the Bulldogs for as long as I can remember. Today they played A&M in Texas. The score was 39:39 in triple overtime. A&M not only scored, but they chose a 2pt. conversion instead of a field goal forcing Fresno State to make a touch down and also a conversion. Fresno made the touchdown and the score was 45:47. My heart raced with adrenaline and the annoyingly loud A&M crowd drowned out the radio announcer but I heard enough to know that they missed the conversion and lost. I may have to re-think this decision but from this point forward I am swearing off of all things Texas!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Don't let one game make you hate everything Texas!!! Remember Abilene? If it weren't for TX you wouldn't know Patrick!
(Besides...Texas is the greatest state ever ;)

Kizer said...

Actually A&M was forced to do the 2-point conversion. After 2 full overtimes, college teams are forced to go for 2 if they get a touchdown. This is to expedite games so they don't go for hours of back and forth action.