Today is Thursday. I have always loved and hated Thursdays. In school Thursday was the day that I had all of my boring classes...I'm not sure how it happened that way every year, but my odd period classes were always the worst (until my senior year because I had and unscheduled 1st period and didn't have to go to school until 10:30). But...Thursday is also the day before Friday and Fridays are amazing! I guess Thursday is the other side of the hump.
This week has been so boring; I've done NOTHING! Well, I organized our entire apartment including closets and cabinets, cleaned just about every surface, seen 2 loads of laundry through the washing, drying, and folding cycles (I wish), watered my flowers, and looked online for jobs. I just feel though like I haven't done anything to improve or contribute to the greater good of humanity. Do you ever feel like that?
I wanted to teach myself to knit yesterday, not for any particular reason other than to keep my hands busy...but I realized when I was looking online at "how-to's" I just wasn't interested in the beginner patterns which included a basic, single-colored scarf, or a head band. My eyes kept straying to the array of things advanced knitters could make, and although I'll have to start somewhere I decided not to try at all.
Do you know why I haven't been writing lately (to answer some of your questions)? My life has been rather sad, turned upside down, and frustrating (I was supposed to leave today for Texas to spend three weeks there. Now I can't go see Megan and Derek, Nick and Sarah, Carla, Ann, Tyler, or anyone until- I don't know when!!!!-end of tantrum). I am so grateful for all of God's provision to bring Patrick and I here, and I also know that Patrick did it for my sake initially, so I'm grateful, but I feel kind of mellow. Blah.
I realize that it doesn't reflect God's presence or neglect, it's just life. Period. I wonder how much of a real connection there is between the things that happen or don't, in our lives, and what we attribute to a lull in our spiritual pursuits. While I know that God is a source of joy and peace and comfort, I think sometimes we just need to take a walk to Starbucks on a fall day to splurge on a peppermint mocha because they come with red sprinkles in top, which, will inevitably lift your spirits.
I am glad it's "over-the-hump" day, and that I'm about to go eat lunch and spend my afternoon reading.
4 comments:
I am so sad that I won't get to see you in a few days. But just so you know, Derek and I are already talking about making a trip out there this spring, just us for some good dirtbag-y fun!
We're sad about not getting to see you too! Hopefully we'll get to make it out to see you sometime! I hope you're doing great, miss you and love you!
Sorry you won't get to go to TX!
As for the boring days...this may sound funny...but enjoy them! I can't remember the last time I had a day where I could just sit down and read a book!
I agree with Satci- I never have boring days, let alone time to read a book. I will shortly though, we'll have time to talk on the phone & email now that I have a new job :) YIPPEE
ann
Post a Comment