One of the best things is that Patrick will be in California too. This is exciting because I've wanted to spend time with him in "my element." That sounds cheesy, but I love the ocean and although we were there together once, I was in a weird mood and we weren't able to have fun doing one thing that I enjoy so much. I hope that we will be able to spend a day together, with the rest of our friends of course. Maybe I can teach him to surf so that he has something to do in China during his free time. Oh wait, do they surf there?
I'm contemplating buying a two-piece bathing suit. Some people who read this know me better than others and understand that for the past ummm...forever, I have worn two one-piece bathing suits, a rash guard, and shorts anytime that I swim. One reason is because modesty has been beat over my head to cause me to believe that any revealed skin is sinful and secondly I haven't gotten a two-piece because it is not conventional for surfing and swimming and I realized that if I wasn't wearing it for my benefit, then I would only be wearing it for other people, male attention mostly. So, I've never branched out of my black high necked one-piece. I have been making a lot of changes in my life, trusting God, developing a foundation of truth in my life. One lie that I have always believed is that I have an ugly body. I know, really, how much does that matter? Not very much, but I've never been "skinny" by definition and I've always felt insecure to show my legs or stomach because I thought that they were too large to be seen in public. That is one thing that I have been dealing with and I want to be free of that lie as well. God made me beautiful and I need to be confident in that. I think a step in that direction might be a nice modest two-piece bathing suit this summer with a splash of color in it to contrast with my solid black in the past. So if you're in California at the beach and you are blinded by a stark white stomach, it might be me feeling free, praising God, and loving life. Who knows?
God I want to thank you for being patient and a relentless lover always pursuing me. Please show me who you are more each day and continue to refine my heart so that I can love you and serve others better each day. You are amazing. Forever, Noel.
Comments please:
Old Noel 1940's swimsuit?
New modest two piece

1 comment:
I am still waiting
Post a Comment