Under my bed, on EVERY surface, between books on the bookshelf, at the bottom of my closet, behind my couch...clumps of hair, dust, and lint! I have wood floors, which I love, because if I didn't, all of this grime would sift down into the carpet along with mites and what are those awful wrigley silver bugs? Yuck.
I vacuum and dust at least once a week, often twice, which takes about 10 minutes since my house is so small (a happy thought to having a small house!), but still it collects in massive amounts.
I know that there isn't a magic, anti-dust solution to this problem. However, I like to think that the less stuff I have then the more easily I would be able to move and vacuum. But, living in a small house and sharing a normal to small non walk-in closet with Patrick, and not having a linen closet, I use my available space for storing my journals and writing (this takes up two large bins under my bed), blankets/linens, purses/P's backpacks, luggage, sleeping bags, and random things that get lost under there between cleaning episodes. I can't throw all of this away, but every time I pull it out I want to toss it all. That would be a hasty idea, mostly unwise, since it isn't extra and it all gets used (even the old journals) on a rotation.
I guess for a few more times I will just dust it all off and slide it back under, and cross my fingers that I get into grad school justifying a move that would add a few extra square feet and a dog.
The good thing is that I generally find my pointe shoes when I thoroughly clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment