
Today, I believed God. I lived in confidence of His presence in my life. I felt like I was able to care about everyone around me so much more because I wasn't focused on myself. I realized why I like Eloise so much, because she is silly and ridiculous, but incredibly stubborn and devoted to any cause. She is like me in so many ways that watching her makes me laugh really hard.

I get to move from my dorm!!! I'm sitting in the midst of garbage and dirty clothes right now, and the rotting food stinks! Freedom is just a few weeks away, and I know that I can make it. Here is to my new house with Erin. (I will keep my room a little more orderly, and tone down the pink)

I guess overall, I just feel like a human Christmas tree. God is illuminating me from the inside out, and although every moment does not make me giddy with delight, I know God's presence and I can live with such confidence in Him. Tonight in our small groups at devo. Justin shared that it is so hard for us to know what it is to need God, to truly need God and depend on Him for everything. Everyone agreed, and I shared a different perspective. I have needed God, not for material or physical sustenance, but I have gone so long without opening myself to people that I have not had any external encouragement or life. I have been so alone, isolated, and drawn into myself. I have needed God, really needed Him, but now it is time to reflect Him, to illuminate the world, to encourage and serve and allow Him to use me. They were so encouraging and supportive (with hugs of course), and I was blessed. Some day I will be able to express physically with a hug what is blooming in my heart, and I cannot wait for that day!

Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment