Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Believe

"Are you calling me a liar?"
A simple question, said kind of jokingly, has proved to be one of the most influential statements of the past few weeks.
I wonder why I have never heard that statement so clearly from God.
We must know God...and BELIEVE HIM.
Am I pretty? God says yes. I made you.
Why did I get the boring personalities? He responds, have you looked at the list of good qualities? Faithful and Devoted, Deep Concern for Other People, Sympathetic and Kind, Happily Reconciled to Life, Quiet, but Witty... Boring?
Love? How scary. Emotions? I can get hurt. The bible says that bondage and captivity to fear are worse because you do not live in the freedom that God has given. Hug a friend on impulse, laugh out loud, cry in a movie, admit that you like Kierkegaard's emotional expression, it is part of being alive!

God, I have been praying and asking for answers, for confidence, for truth, but I deny your response. "Am I calling you a liar?" This morning my bible study challenged me to believe you, not only to know that you are God, but to experience freedom from lies by BELIEVING. I really am pretty and you have given me a special personality for a reason. Perhaps I can allow the impulse that I always have for mischief to mix things up a little more often. You created love, and honestly, I am so excited to love someone someday. I want to honor you and seek you always, but I want to begin to believe you. I want to have the freedom and confidence that comes from knowing that you are God, listening to what you say, and believing. Thank you for loving me consistently.

No comments: