Auntie Andy was more like an older sister who put pink sponge rollers in our hair and was the nice one when my mom would make us do chores. I loved when she came to visit because we always went shopping or watched movies, talked about stuff, and she always just wanted to hang out. She wanted to know me, to be my friend and I loved being with her. She had cool houses and apartments that we would go visit. I wanted to be like her when I got older, independent and adventurous, but special to everyone around her. She loves people and making them smile. She is tender and sweet, and always so much fun.

Monica (Left) Andrea (Middle)
I sometimes forget about my family, how special and wonderful they are. I was thinking about my aunts today and the way that their presence in my life has shaped me. I always admired Auntie Monica’s devotion to people that she loves. She was always determined to stay focused on God and she has shown me that life isn’t about the hard things that come and threaten to steal our joy, but it is choosing to see the joy in moments that are discouraging or hurtful. She stops to smell the roses, to appreciate a bee or a pretty napkin. Her life is filled with little things, simple things that are small blessings from God only for the people who stop to think about all of the little things that count. She is beautiful and amazing both inside and out and I love her to death like the little teddy bear with a flowered headpiece on her steering wheel. She’s tiny and adorable and I like her giggle and usually pink toenails.
Auntie Andy has shown me what caring about people means. Her heart has a place for everyone that she knows and she invites anyone in to share the joy that God has blessed her with. I’m pretty sure that she is always in a good mood, almost always and she’s always smiling or up for the next fun or adventurous thing. She likes to work out like me, to hike or take walks, do push-ups, stuff like that. She is my friend and I’m sad that she moved to Tennessee and I can’t see her anymore. I guess I kind of see myself like her sometimes or maybe it’s just that I admire her but she is special to me.
God, thank you so much for reminders of people that I love most and help me to invest in them and love them like they have loved me.
1 comment:
Noel,
I still have TONS of shoes to try on! My room is still fit for a Queen...LOL....and your Beautiful presents may grace my home anytime. I even have French Toast Toaster Strudels in my Frig, Isn't that a kick in the pants hee hee hee! I will always find the beauty in each day, Praise our God for the love of family, and always, always stop to smell the roses.
Post a Comment