Saturday, July 29, 2006

It was a Converse day


What can I say; it’s been a good day. I guess I can say that a good day includes:

Swimming, always swimming!

A good day means that I ate good food. I had free ice cream from Cold Stone because it was my birthday 12 days ago and I signed up for the birthday club (Hey! No one is too old for the birthday club).

I found an amazing new song that is special to my heart; I can guarantee that maybe only 1000 people have heard it ever, and it will be tucked away for a certain occasion that includes a white dress and an isle :)

What else…Oh, I was so distracted from my homework ALL day that I didn’t get nearly as much done, as I needed to, but life was good.

The best part was that was able to talk to Patrick face to face. It was just through the little camera on my computer, but still, I take what I can get and he is so cute and special that I think I’m still smiling and that was a few hours ago. Maybe I’m just a dork, but I think that it is love; I’ve heard that it can make a person do silly things.

Oh, Tyler and Ann got married today! Yeah! I don’t know them as well as I hope to some day, but they are both special to me and I was actually excited for today even though I’m in California because it’s more than just the wedding, it’s them. I think I’m inspired by their friendship and love, their focus on God, the way that they enjoy one another, the invisible sparkles that they emit, devotion, companionship, and they are both just amazing!

As I’m getting ready to conclude all of the things about today there are some very critical future decisions that I need to make. Graduate school, China, Texas, Washington, Editor, Teacher, Missionary, Wife, vagrant, philanderer…just kidding about the last two, but how do you make a decision about life? I just want to serve God with all of my heart living in complete faith and dependence upon him, like Paul or John or other people in the bible that truly gave every decision in their lives to God. It wasn’t the easiest life filled with comfort and happiness and ease, but it was full, and passionate, and inspired, and faith filled. How can I live this way and still make wise decisions for my future.

Lord, I have a joyful heart tonight. Thank you so much that I could talk to Patrick :) Thank you for your blessing, provision, grace, and wisdom. I’m sorry for the areas of my life that I retain in fear…it is so hard for me to take a step unless everything is illuminated as a green light or orchestrated by an audible voice. Lord, please help me to have faith so that I can live a life that honors you. I praise you for crickets and laughing, for beautiful songs, and for ice cream. You are an amazing God. I love you so much. Amen.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love how you are not afraid to speak what is on your heart! You just brought tears to my eyes with your post.

(Oh, just thought I'd let you know that Patrick looked good in his tux for the wedding ;) Wish you could've been there!)