Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sky



I miss the sky. I miss the huge fluffy clouds, and the blue that stretches like a dome over the entire world in Texas. I miss the lightening that races and illuminates and accompanies giant roaring thunder. I miss the sunsets and the sun coloring the sky after rain. I miss how huge God seems in a vast space of sky, and blue, and clouds, and rain, and life that comes from above. I miss the nighttime planetarium anywhere beyond a city where falling stars can be identified by the dozen each night, and I miss sitting with you on the roof or by the lake, talking about our great Holy God, praising Him, seeking Him, imploring Him, and investing in each other. I miss you like I miss the sky. A world that was vast and full of wonder and awesome things has shrunk because you aren't here for us to live this adventure together. God, please sit with me under the stars, fill the void that I feel, and bless him in his world where he has the sky and the thunder, and the stars.

1 comment:

Megs said...

Noel, I made a blog! timesinbrazil.blogspot.com
check it out! I think I am coming, by the way, maybe I'll come tonight now that I'm thinking about it...you will be getting a call from me.