Monday, October 16, 2006

Getting a life pt. 2

Subtitle: My white scrappy pillow

I absolutely love going to class, writing papers, and participating in discussions. I suppose it could be for lack of any other social interaction (despite several efforts on my part to initiate friendships. Grrr) Anyway...the weekends are sad, long, drawn out, and usually boring. However, I woud like to share my new pillow. You may think this is lame, but I am proud of it :)
My grandma bought me a new sewing machine a few weeks ago and while I was cleaning out my closet yesterday I came across some scraps of old sheet, a pair of pants that I needed to get rid of, and a packet of extra buttons that came from some Banana Republic pants that I have. I put them all together and one and a half hours later...tada!!! My new pillow, which is also exciting because I saw one like it that I wanted to buy at this cool boutique store for $35.00. Mine is made of scraps, it was free, and I love it!

No comments: