Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I was thinking

Chipped nail polish just doesn't look good, especially when it is dark red or something as bold.

Those who have ever danced ballet never outgrow it.

Fall and winter have become increasingly popular, as far as favorite seasons go, and I think it is because (surprisingly) our American culture reinforces community, love, and family during this season. Our hearts know that we need this.

Gregorian chant sends an eerie, holy shiver through me that is the most beautiful and effective reminder that our faith tradition is richly embedded in centuries. It beckons me toward endurance, because thousands of Christians have born their crosses through times that have often been more perilous than this.

The book When Parents Text makes me laugh:
Mom: Stop at Dollar Store on way home and get lunch maggots
Me: Lunch maggots?
Mom: Baffles.
Mom: Baggies
Mom: Ziplock lunch baggies
Mom: Spellcheck is not helping me
Mom: This is dad by the way

God shows up in amazing ways when we are surrendered to Him. I've been having trouble sleeping, and that leads to a bit of anxiety. Two nights ago I called my parents because loneliness seemed to hover so close to my heart. My dad reminded me that God alone is enough. Although I wanted them, and a warm, physical hug, he said that God's presence alone is enough to comfort my soul. After a battle with my mind through much of the night I woke up early, and the song that came on Pandora was this, titled "God alone is enough." If the sound is not to your taste, listen to the words. They are undoubtedly truth.

Which cottage would you prefer?




the above 3 images are Carmel-by-the-sea cottages in Carmel,CA via Linda Yvonne flickr images

Enjoy the morning!

No comments: