Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
This is my verse for the week




The 20 hour stretch of mountains, sage brush, rocks, and pavement between California and Texas shattered my small world imploding what I had known as my existence and splattering it all over. The sky in Texas is huge, like an icy blue globe and it is the new cap of my life. As the world grew, so did my understanding of God and His magnificence. I shrunk into an even greater understanding of the phrase, "I am not".
A few days of disorientation and a new environment allowed me to be overtaken by waves of intense fear, sadness, and lonliness. However, God was my friend both in spirit and through Patrick. The worst is over, and although I left my crutches at home, God knew that I needed them emotionally and spiritually, and provided them. Tozer says, " To know that love is of God and to enter into the secret place leaning upon the arm of the Beloved-this and only this can cast out fear." I needed to lean upon the arm of God and I know that He was and is my strength.
I am filled with joy to know that God has allowed me to come here and that His will is being accomplished through my life each day as I choose to surrender to His will.
I was reading this morning about Jacob and his encounter with God as they wrestled through the night. In the end, when God touches Jacob's joint and cripples him, Jacob is free. He had spent a lifetime struggling with Esau, Leban, Fear, and Pride, and rest came with God's blessing. I wonder if I struggle and fight for things in my life like confidence or peace, a spirit that is joyous or friendly, and all I need to do is surrender my life to God and live freely as His child.
I want to be bold, live faithfully and humbly in the confidence that God is my father. I am so excited to be in Texas and I cannot wait to see what God has for me this year!

No comments: