My first exploration of Wikipedia left me with a clearer sense of the word and concept of rationality. The basis for rational thought and action is purely philosophical where the facts or evidences should override senses. Rational thinking extends beyond a logical study of arguments and facts, and deals with eliminating the emotional element of decision-making. Comprendo? It sounds confusing, but I realized that a possibility and decision that I am wrestling with, is in fact rational.
I love God, and I love God’s timing. I find it is when I truly trust in God’s perfect plan that things beyond the scope of my imagination begin to happen. However, when life is redundant, routine, and when I am introduced briefly to an amazing new friend, I begin to get restless and question the place that He has me in right now.
Patrick, since you are the only one that reads this, I will just talk directly to you… I have listened to you share that you know you are in Abilene Texas right now, and if you can’t serve God there, then moving somewhere else would not change anything. I do not want to establish a pattern of looking for God only in the exciting, new, and thrilling. You have mentioned in the bible when God spoke to prophets through a whisper. I want to find God in all of the whispers in my life and embark on the journey to live a life full of the fullness of God no matter what day, setting, or emotional state that I am in. I have realized in the past few days that this love relationship that I have with God parallels and influences all other relationships in my life. The more I seek to be blown away by God daily, the more I will be able to be blown away by the people that He has brought into my life. If I notice God smiling as he watches me work myself into a bout of frustration over something silly, or if I am blown away by His presence at night when I watch the stars, I know that it will be easier to find something new and wonderful about the people that I am surrounded by daily (I’m excited about this discovery, if you are interested to listen, I would like to share it with you). I see that life is all a process; decisions build on decisions and hope stems from encouragement, etc.
After considering the rational elements of transferring to ACU, through prayer, I realize that I am in the Honors program with connections to all of the faculty and administration, I have a plan mapped out for graduation, I’m excited about my classes and professors, and I can see academically, that the transfer would not make much of a difference. You would be the benefit of attending, but I strongly believe that God has given both of us this time in our lives to be apart, to live life and find Him uniquely.
So, here is to pursuing God in all of the whispers in life, to delighting in the people God places in my life daily, and to visiting Abilene Texas (and going snowboarding in February)!
“I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” –Psalm 16:7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment