I did nothing. I sat today. I wanted to go and play tennis, ride my bike down to the river to look at the lillies under the bridge, I wanted to explore the dollar store for treasures to decorate Michael's room when he comes home tomorrow, but one step, and the throbbing in my foot, the purple, yellow, and green hughes begged me to stay put, sitting!

Discouraged, I picked up C.S. Lewis, to discover what caused him to be "Suprised by Joy," and found myself captivated by his life, Ireland, and the child who complained of Knickerbauchers leaving red indentions in his skin at the end of every day. A biscuit tin of grass and twigs became a garden, his first concept of aesthetic beauty, and he was inspired to create through writing and pictures. After exploring the Irish coastline with my new friend in young C.S. Lewis, I prayed for a mind of wonder.

Paul insists that I cheat, since I won Spite and Malice again for probably the 30th time; we watched some of our old home videos, and I took a refreshing nap only to wake with the laziest sensation and a desire to get out.

I wanted to curl my hair, apply make-up, put on a dress, and feel pretty. With no where to go and no one to see, the idea was hardly sensible. However, I was challenged yesterday to live life for the benefit of living and experienceing instead of just for the reward of a reaction. I dressed up. High heels and all. Although, I must say, I hated the result. Looking pretty is overrated because I wasn't sure in the end why I did it, and I wondered why I felt it necessary to be pretty.Hmmm.

This is how I felt while being dressed up...

This is how I felt about being dressed up at all!
Life is so silly, days are so full of potential, why was I alive today, what was God's purpose for me today? Did I even come close to accomplishing His will, or was I just focused on myself?
God, I desire to give you every moment of my life. I suppose to look upon today as failing would be incorrect. Today, I came one step closer to my realization that God is the giver of life, He is my life, and I need only to look to Him for joy and a fulfilling day.
1 comment:
Thank you for finally embarking on the adventure of blogging. Being one that enjoys putting my thoughts into words, I think that you will find the results pleasing. I hope you enjoy(ed) your delicious breakfast and your day filled with the joy of the Lord.
Post a Comment