Tuesday, July 18, 2006

G I R L





Can I just say that birthdays totally remind me that I am a girl. I had to include some pictures with this post because my mom and my sister try to girlify me every year. Earings, ruffles, pink, purses, flowery prints, rings, and little sandals with a heel. It's funny because I don't really mind it anymore. I won't ever morph completely to carry a make-up bag with me where I go, it's just that it's nice to be a girl, it's pretty being a girl, it's clean, scented, pink, and mildly flashy. I really do feel part princess when I walk into a room adorned with jewelry, my pink ribbon and flowered book bag, a dainty cotton cami, and high heels. I feel unpractical, but I feel like a girl, and you know what? It makes me smile.
Michael and Paul bought me some really cool Hurley sunglasses. They are definitely surfer glasses I decided. It would probably look funny to wear them in Abilene or in Kentucky, but I think they are awesome. I have them on funny in the picture, but I think that you get the idea.



(Megan Halterman...I need your blog address pronto! Will you be speaking Spanish in Brazil?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..I don't have one yet...but if this comment even works I will be happy. I'll let you know when I get one! It's your birthday? gosh..how come I can never remember?!?! I will call you.

Anonymous said...

HaPPy bIrtHdAy!!

You look super cute all girled up. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts! It makes me smile to see how much you are appreciating being a girl :), and you explain yourself so well! I wish I had English skills. It was amazing talking to you today; you sound like you have grown sooo much. God is so great. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
P.S. I noticed the comment to your friend about Brazil...don't they speak Portuguese

Anonymous said...

Yes! They speak Portuguese...not Spanish!