



What is in a name? Shakespeare posed the question…that which we call a rose would by any other word smell as sweet. Names, faces, expressions, what is in them?
I saw a picture that my brother had taken of me with an expression that looks startlingly like a Patrick face. Oh no!
I have always been a funny face picture taker, but I see reflections of him even in my face as I have acquired his expression. I looked at Carla and I see her face too in my expression. It is funny how we become a conglomeration of those closest to us possibly more than we realize, and maybe some more than others.
I have been marked this year, embossed and printed with the image and character of so many people.
* I giggle more and elevate the ending tone on my words, elongate vowels, and look for joy in everything because of Carla’s sweet impression on my life.
* I see every book as a treasure full of humor and conflict, tragedy, and a life changing message. I want to laugh aloud when I read because I see Dr. Willerton’s stately expression melt into a huge pool of joy when he approaches literature.
* I ask a person how their day has been with a genuine interest because it makes them understand that I care for them. Brad has provided this example.
* Enthusiasm is contagious and actually motivates me to work when I choose to be excited. Crystal bounced in, bounced around, and bounced out leaving sprinkles of joy where she went.
* I find myself viewing life through a camera lens or the eyes of a child, through humor, joy, and an openness of mind and heart so unique to Meagan Thurman. She brings such a fresh and delightful perspective to life that is so freeing and beautiful.
* I speak openly and frankly, honestly, and with sincerity because miss Katy Marr was always talking and blessing everyone around her with her words.
* I actually crave coffee, yogurt with fruit and granola, 8 glasses of water per day…I love riding my bike, people are absolutely wonderful, I use words like Dirtbag and Mook to describe my world, my clothes fit me, I like meat, I view kissing as one of God’s greatest gifts, and my face reflects his silly grin.
It is all in an expression…
Those that we care about are with us, in us, and forever leave their mark on who we will be. I wonder, in what ways do I reflect God. If the Holy Spirit really does live in me and if I am walking with God daily, I should be acquiring His expression, learning from His character and guiding hand.
Lord, help me to see a glimpse of you and to reflect that in my life.
“Do they see Jesus in me? Do they recognize His face? Do I communicate His love and His grace? Do I reflect who He is in the way I choose to be? Do they see Jesus in me?” –Joy Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment