*A bike ride to CSUB is very different than one to ACU. It is 7 miles away and takes about 30 minutes in 100-degree weather. You will definitely show up for a meeting a few minutes late, a little out of breath, and drenched in sweat. I might need to re-think the bicycle as a form of transportation. At least for important appointments.
*I can beat Paul in Ping-pong finally! I also provide pretty stiff competition for Michael at tennis now, which is so fun.
*Camp Travis is definitely in a different dimension. Miles by car, phone, or Internet are exceeded entirely and I am convinced that Patrick exists in a different world that is beyond distant from me.
*Why do girls in my family go to see chick flicks, get pedicures, eat lunch at tea cottages, and take day shopping trips? Thank goodness that Michael and Paul are still here. Today we are going to eat lunch at In-N-Out, see a movie at the dollar theatre, and go to the driving range and fish at Lake Buena Vista all during the time that my mom, sister and aunt are shopping. I’ve been given a lot of grief about not participating in the fellowship of girl time and received the harsh words, “sometimes you just have to do things that you don’t want to.” I like that, but I think that there are things that I just CAN’T do. Right? Why can’t they sit in the hot tub and fellowship or go on a walk, bake cookies, listen to music, or sit outside? Why does female fellowship always have to be SO girly and indulgent? Why? Am I being selfish not to participate? Hmmm.
*God has needed to be a moment-by-moment decision in the past few days. I need him now that I am here. I miss Patrick, Carla and Chad so much that my heart hurts, but God comes close to me when I actually seek Him and I have opportunities every moment to serve and honor Him. I love you Father, so much. Thank you for being constant.
Pictures from my attempt at the driving range

1 comment:
I actually got that little nervous feeling in my sternum when I looked at your pictures.
Post a Comment